Working at Atlas Genetics
Atlas Genetics is a vibrant, dynamic company, working at the cutting-edge of medical diagnostics. Employees have a flexible and energetic working style, where proactive input from all is encouraged and employee-led initiatives are welcomed. The Atlas Genetics team comprises talented individuals who, through initiative and self-motivation are driving the company to meet its ambitious targets. Atlas Genetics is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
To work in the Quality Control department, performing laboratory tasks associated with the testing of nucleic and immunodiagnostic raw materials, reagents, and products, including collation and analysis of data.
Perform testing required to approve or reject incoming raw materials
Perform testing required to evaluate in-process bulk reagents
Review and approve manufacturing documentation as part of a product release process.
To analyse and trend data associated with product release
- BSc in relevant biological science Previous experience as a laboratory technician
- Commercial laboratory experience
- Working within a Quality Management System
- Laboratory based, scientific background
Skills & Knowledge
- Working to & writing SOPs/work instructions
- Test Method Validation
- Working to QC procedures, methods & processes
- Preparation of reagents & materials to recipe
- Statistical analysis
- Equipment calibration & performance verification
- PCR/molecular biology techniques
- Working to timescales and deadlines
- Ability to follow detailed procedures accurately
- Good self/time management
- Technical report/procedure writing
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Atlas Genetics Ltd are an equal opportunities employer.